StratKIT aims at making public procurement and catering services more sustainable in the Baltic Sea Region. Therefore, it
- identifies solutions to the challenges;
- develops and tests regional strategies;
- inspires and motivates procurers and caterers to use their opportunities.
Project funding and Partners
In the project on Innovative Strategies for Public Catering: Sustainability Toolkit across Baltic Sea Region (StratKIT) 13 project partners and 10 associated organisations from administrations, catering services, research and consulting work on these aims. Project coordinator is the University of Helsinki.
It is funded through the Interreg-BSR program of the EU with additional funding by the Russian Federation.
Total Budget: 2,046,588.25 euros
Project Duration: 1/1/2019 – 31/12/2021
StratKIT initiates the construction of sustainability pathways across the Baltic Sea Region Public Procurement & Catering Services by:
- Mapping the current situation and collecting both the challenges and the best practices; thereby a big picture emerges about the ongoing developments.
- Showing how strategic progress can be made towards increased sustainability. These models include international knowledge and mainly base on innovative approaches by BSR professionals, be they public administrators, procurers or caterers.
- Bringing together the professionals so that they can network and become animated about sustainable developments on the sector.
- Tuning the results into the BSR Sustainability Toolkit, which will be an easy-to-follow and bottom-up guidance for sector’s professionalsto speed up local applications for sustainability.
These achievements will harmonize progress, bring BSR countries closer each other, have a positive impact on societal appreciation of public services and give a strong message in the market to boost the availability of sustainable goods and services, and among customers in BSR to ask for them.
Outputs and materials
StratKIT main outputs are a network of stakeholders at national and BSR level; a best practices living repository, and direct access to the interactive Sustainability Toolkit.
StratKIT online conference 24.11.2020
Please find the conference agenda here: pdf